This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Please re-write the wiggle effect a little :)

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
geroldbrunner

Please re-write the wiggle effect a little :)

Post by geroldbrunner » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 am

Hi Guys,

would it be possible, that you could link the wiggle effect to the layer by default?
So that one can easily copy a layer with their own effect controls?

So instead of:
var fx = thisComp.layer("Layer").effect("Wiggle")

Link to:
var fx = thisLayer.effect("Wiggle")

That would be super handy to copy the layers and still preserve the wiggles individually! :)

Thanks,
Gerold

Duduf

Re: Please re-write the wiggle effect a little :)

Post by Duduf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 am

Hi Gerold,
Thanks for your feedback.
This is an option not so easy to implement, as one may want to be able to control all wiggles from the same layer and effect too.

What I can do is add this as an option anyway, which could be linked to the existing option to have one or multiple controls at the creation of the wiggle. But I'm not sure what the defautl behaviour should be.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am

geroldbrunner

Post by geroldbrunner » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Yeah I totally get that some want to be able to control the wiggle via just one "master" layer.

Although I find myself in the position way more often, that I want to duplicate the said layer and want different wiggle behaviours. :D

Would be a really great, if you could choose what behaviour will get added :)