This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Is it possible to add breathing animation to a picture like this?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Mugen

Is it possible to add breathing animation to a picture like this?

Post by Mugen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

This is the image. I watched some tutorials etc. but always found walking animations. Is it possible?

Or maybe you can advise me another method if it is not possible?

It is the first time i am using Duik.

Duduf

Re: Is it possible to add breathing animation to a picture like this?

Post by Duduf » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:13 am

It should be doable, but if you don't know how to do this, this means you don't know how to use After Effects well enough to be using Duik.

Seach for this kind of things without Duik first, and then you'll be able to find how Duik can ease the process (or not).

Look for information about the puppet tool, or Mesh Warp, or any other deformation method. The characters presentations in League of Legends use this kind of stuff and I think you cloud find information about it

Mugen

Re: Is it possible to add breathing animation to a picture like this?

Post by Mugen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Duduf wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:13 am It should be doable, but if you don't know how to do this, this means you don't know how to use After Effects well enough to be using Duik.

Look for information about the puppet tool, or Mesh Warp, or any other deformation method.
Hey :) Firstly, i love your avatar :D

Secondly, like you said i am not very good at AE, i am still trying to learn.

I know i can do that with pupped/mesh warp and i know how to use them, but i was wondering if DuiK can help me for a natural idle/breathing effect.

Like i said before, all tutorials i saw about walking a 2d character generally so i though i better ask here :)