This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Question about Connector: Slider ?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Kzmaster

Question about Connector: Slider ?

Post by Kzmaster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 am

Greetings everyone,

Brand new to DUIK and have been slowly going through the documentation, taking notes, and practicing on my own. I'm currently having a bit of confusion with DUIK Bassel's Slider tool:

The documentation for Connectors reads https://rainbox-dev.github.io/DuAEF_Dui ... connector/,

Controlling a head turn
With a precomposed head:

1) Animate anything you need to turn the head from left to right in the precomposition of the head.
a. To control this head turn, we will not use an existing property, but create a nice controller just for it:
b. Go to the main composition, from where you will animate the head
c. In the panel of the connector, click on the “Slider” button
2) Select ALL the animated properties of the head turn in the precomposition of the head.
3) Click on the “Connect to properties” button.
That’s it! Now when you move the slider from left to right, the head turns!

I've followed these directions repeatedly and am having no luck getting any change in the composition with the slider.

I've got the latest version of Bassel (as of 48 hrs ago) and am using Adobe After Effects CS6.
I am using solid squares instead of head images but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
I've tried sequencing the layers and leaving them all in the same place on the timeline, none have any effect.
The Function will not allow me to set an Axis (If that matters).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
Thank you,
Kellen Zanders

Duduf

Re: Question about Connector: Slider ?

Post by Duduf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am

Hi,

You don't have to sequence the layers (you must not actually), and it's normal that you don't have the axis selection as the slider only has one axis.

Otherwise, your setup seems ok and it should work well. What happens when you click on connect to properties? Is an expression added in the selected properties or not? (there should be one)
Also, have a look at the slider layer, there should be a "connector" effect on it after you have made the connection, is it there?

Kzmaster

Re: Question about Connector: Slider ?

Post by Kzmaster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Greetings Duduf and thank you for the response,

The Slider works but it's not giving me the results I'm looking for. I looked in the expressions on the children as suggested and the Duik.connector expression is there (But only after selecting the animated keyframes and not the solid layers themselves, before, clicking connect properties would do nothing).

What I'm trying to do is have the shape layers (red, green, and blue) cycle through each other as the slider moves, but nothing changes as the slider goes left and right.

Is there something I'm missing?
Kellen Zanders