This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Puppet Tool and Auto Rig strange bends

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
username1

Puppet Tool and Auto Rig strange bends

Post by username1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Hey, my leg is on one layer, so it's not split into different parts. Therefore I used the Puppet Tool in After Effects and added 3 pins. Then I selected the three pins and clicked "Add Bones" (Use Duik v16.0.11). I added a controller and then pressed Auto-Rig. When I wanted to move the controller, my knees started to bend strangely.

Auto Rig.png
Strange Bend.png
In the older version of Duik (v11) this always worked. I tried different puppet pin types, as well as different auto rig types. If I only added 2 bones without rig, the knee bent without problems.
Only Bones.png

I'm not sure if this just doesn't work anymore or if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Duduf

Re: Puppet Tool and Auto Rig strange bends

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:04 pm

I think this is just because you're using the new puppet engine in one of the latest versions of After Effects. Just switch to the legacy engine and it should bend as before.

username1

Re: Puppet Tool and Auto Rig strange bends

Post by username1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:59 am

Thanks for your help!
And where can I find the legacy engine?