This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

DUIK BASSEL basics vs. DUIK classic

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
p.cat

DUIK BASSEL basics vs. DUIK classic

Post by p.cat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Hello! I've been using DUIK for at least 7 years now- and I love it! I've incorporated it into nearly all of my character work. However, because I started using it when all it involved was manually rigging a simple IK, one leg at a time, selecting layers and hitting the IK button, trying to learn DUIK Bassel is like learning a completely new tool set in a different language. For me, personally, it's not very intuitive and I find myself keeping AE 18 around as older DUIK is that much easier and sometimes with time constraints, there's no other option.

I was wondering if it were possible if you could update Duik 15.5 so it works with AE cc19 or if there was a duik 'classic' version possible that could work with future AE updates? The two versions are so different that I wish we had an option.

Or put it to me straight- is this the future and I just gotta suck it up hahaha

Thank you!

Duduf

Re: DUIK BASSEL basics vs. DUIK classic

Post by Duduf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi,

actually it seems the latest update of After Effects, 16.1.1, fixed the installation of Duik 15. It couldn't be installed previously because of a bug in Ae itself.

Anyway, yes, I strongly advise you to learn Duik Bassel as soon as you have some time, as we won't be able to maintain a working version of Duik 15. It's nice if it continues to work, but who knows? ;)

keep this address at hand: http://duik-tutorials.rainboxprod.coop !
Especially the jumpstart by Jake In Motion mentionned there ;)