This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Bassel - Can't seem to figure out Parent Across Comps

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
dreyeshhh

Bassel - Can't seem to figure out Parent Across Comps

Post by dreyeshhh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 am

I've read this https://rainbox-dev.github.io/DuAEF_Dui ... positions/ and I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I'm trying to parent a camera in a precomp to the comp the precomp belongs to. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a locator null in the child's precomp. Only the parent's precomp creates a locator null.

I'm on Mojave Mac OS, AE 2019, Bassel 16.0.11

Duduf

Re: Bassel - Can't seem to figure out Parent Across Comps

Post by Duduf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 pm

This seems to be a bug.

I don't think I have tested it with camera, maybe not even with 3D Layers. I'm adding this in my todo list and fix this for the next version

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 pm

In the meantime, you may try to parent the camera to a null object, and use the tool on the null object instead of the camera itself!

dreyeshhh

Post by dreyeshhh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Ah! Good to know I wasn't just misunderstanding the instructions. Parenting the camera to a null object works! Thanks so much!

dreyeshhh

Post by dreyeshhh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Also, just as an fyi, when parenting layers across comps, I had to manually turn on the 3D toggle for both locators before they could move in 3D

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

ok, trhanks for the feedback, I'll fix this!