This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Character rig changes position seemingly randomly

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
musgofusco

Character rig changes position seemingly randomly

Post by musgofusco » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem I had a hard time finding anything about online. My character rig seems to randomly change position and scale in my composition. I'll be editing something in a completely unrelated comp and then go back to another and the character will have moved around. It also happened when changing the resolution of the viewer in after effects, it will be normal on "full" and then will seemingly change position and scale when in "quarter", however even when it is normal in "full" view it rendered in a random position/scale like in "quarter". It has happened repeatedly in my file, I've tried discarding my progress and going back to an older file but it just keeps happening again.

Duduf

Re: Character rig changes position seemingly randomly

Post by Duduf » Thu May 02, 2019 1:08 pm

This looks a lot like cache issues which happens sometimes in After Effects. Try to purge all caches and see if it's better.

If not, it may also be some kind of "circular dependency": for example an expression in property "A" which references a property "B" which itself needs the value of property "A". These are always difficult to fix, but if you're using only the tools in Duik and did not add custom expressions, it's not likely this would happen

Duduf

Re: Character rig changes position seemingly randomly

Post by Duduf » Thu May 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Also make sure you don't have several comps with the same name.