This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

2D camera — duplicated nulls seems not working for Truck I/O

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Protozoan

2D camera — duplicated nulls seems not working for Truck I/O

Post by Protozoan » Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi there,

before asking anything let me to state, that I deeply appreciate the the value you give me wit this tool. (Donated a bit already…)

Anyway — When creating that sweet fake 2D camera, the nulls which represents different planes of depth, which I simply copied, does not work when animatinc Truck In-Out. Despite the amount of them (currently 4+4+camera) only the original 2 works properly. The duplicates simply behave as the original 2 nulls.

When animating Truck, it behaves as I described above. When animating Position of camera, all the nulls recpect its Camera Influence and behaves as right parallax. So how to get Truck working?

Do you have the same experience? And how to fix it?
Thank you in advance!

PS: I tried to add one screenshot, but the system did not allowed me to: "Your message contains too many URLs. The maximum number of URLs allowed is 1." It was just one. So I post it without it.

Duduf

Re: 2D camera — duplicated nulls seems not working for Truck I/O

Post by Duduf » Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 pm

This is strange, here on my version of Duik it works. I'm going to check with the current public one and let you know very soon

Protozoan

Post by Protozoan » Sat May 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you mate for such quick response. Here is my composition:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzonzd4aencde ... t.aep?dl=0

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun May 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks!

I can confirm this is a bug in the current public version of Duik, which is fixed in the next version.

In the meantime, here's how to make it work:
In the expression of the scale property of the nulls, the fourth line should be something like:

Code: Select all

var infl = thisComp.layer("L01").effect("Camera influence")(1);
Replace this line with:

Code: Select all

var infl = effect("Camera influence")(1);
And it's going to work ;)

Protozoan

Post by Protozoan » Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm

You are awesome mate. It works of course. Thank you.