This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

After Effects CS6 Duik Bassel Debug Error

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Palhil

After Effects CS6 Duik Bassel Debug Error

Post by Palhil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 am

Hi

I've been having a problem when shutting down After Effects CS6 after using Duik Bassel (16.0.11) on Windows 10.

When I close After Effects the debug program opens and points me to line 10233 of the Duik code.
selector.popup.onDeactivate = function () { try { selector.popup.hide(); } catch (e) {} };
Duik Debug.PNG

If I close the debug program it will immediately open again. A small box momentarily appears and says "Object is invalid." The only way to stop it is to open Task Manager and kill the After Effects CS6 task that is still running in the background.

Duik does not have to be in active use in a project for this error to occur, it just needs to have been opened. The debug error will appear even if I close Duik before closing After Effects.

I don't know anything about coding, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem or if there is an easy fix.

It doesn't stop me from using Duik, it's just a small nuisance.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Duduf

Re: After Effects CS6 Duik Bassel Debug Error

Post by Duduf » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:51 am

Sorry, this is a known bug, and it's in After Effects, not Duik.

My only advice would be... Update After Effects ;)

And Adobe just removed all older versions of After Effects from Creative Cloud, so we're not able anymore to test and support these versions.

Palhil

Re: After Effects CS6 Duik Bassel Debug Error

Post by Palhil » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:10 am

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to put up with this little annoyance. A small price to pay for using the helpful features of Duik. Thanks. :)

I'm not the greatest fan of Adobe's subscription model, so I like to stick to CS6 when possible. ;)