This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

An error has occured at line 8897 while creating structures

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
mickeymilano

An error has occured at line 8897 while creating structures

Post by mickeymilano » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 am

Need help as really need to create an animation by end of week....

For some reasons this error(An error has occured at line 8897 while creating structures) sudden started
to appear (Dev mode) when trying to create structures. I click the button but nothing happens.

I have re installed Duik, re installed AE, got rid of all other plugins and scripts but still it won't work.
Latest version of AE and Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132). Weird thing is that on another Mac same set up it
works fine? Any ideas please? (Duik amazing bit of software as well! Just bought the printed manual.)

Thanks
Mickey

:(

Duduf

Re: An error has occured at line 8897 while creating structures

Post by Duduf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 am

Hi Mickey,
Have you tried to disable the dev mode? This way the errors should be ignored.

Also, just tell me what version of Duik you're using, I'll have a look at this error and see what's going on!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:30 am

hum... 8897 has nothing to do with the Structures, that's weird, it concerns the UI only...

Can you send a screenshot of the complete error shown? thanks!

mickeymilano

Post by mickeymilano » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am

Hi there,

When developer mode in off the structures button just highlight but doesn't do anything so it doesn't show any of the structures panel options.
Very weird as it just happened after I tried to create a humanoid a second time then stop working after I did an undo to redo the humanoid rig.

Here's the screen grabs (on the latest version of Duik 16.0.11) one with dev mode off and other with dev mode on.
I have tried reinstalling AE plus taken out all other scripts and plugins but still nothing?

Cheers
Mickey
Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 09.20.02.png
Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 09.19.21.png

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:43 am

Haha the error does not help a lot :roll:

This line concerns the text colors in the UI of Duik.
It looks like it's a bug in Ae there. Do the texts of the buttons correctly change their colors to red when you go over them with the mouse, then get back to the original grey?

mickeymilano

Post by mickeymilano » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 am

Arhh a bug in after effects now there a surprise! Ha ha

The button does change colour but stays red until you click it again then goes back to grey.

mickeymilano

Post by mickeymilano » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 am

By complete accident I have managed to fix it. I found some Duik files being stored in my documents folder on my Mac, see attached screen grab.

I deleted these and then restarted AE and bingo all works fine now!

I'm guessing when I kept reinstalling Duik from scratch these files were not being replaced???

Anyway problem solved and hopefully if anyone else has this issue it'll work for them.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully getting my printed manual today (as missed Doh! delivery twice)

Cheers

Mickey

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 11.26.54.png

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:23 am

Oh! Thanks for this feedback, I may get what's wrong.

I'll add a way to reset preferences in case Duik has issues like this, which will replace these files by the defaults. I think they got corrupted (but I don't know why...)

I hope you'll like the manual :)