This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

FK overlap doesn't loop

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
dyanez

FK overlap doesn't loop

Post by dyanez » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi all,

I have come across an issue related to FK overlap. I'm trying to animate a hair rig that attached to a character in a walk cycle, but the FK overlap doesn't let me loop it perfectly. The end frame of the cycle doesn't match the first frame, so it looks like the hair just jumps. Is there a way to make it loop with FK overlap? Is FK overlap automatic only? Is there a workaround?

Duduf

Re: FK overlap doesn't loop

Post by Duduf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:50 am

The overlap is a dynamic, which means its movement depends on the motion of other elements BEFORE.

At the beginning of the loop, it doesn't have previous motion to compute, so it just initiates the movement. At the end of the loop, it's already moving, so it's not in the same place.

Just duplicate the keyframes of the loop once, and use the second part to fix this issue, not the starting one.