This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Rotation value to connector

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
nepriot

Rotation value to connector

Post by nepriot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi, i am trying to Figure out head rigging.
I am trying to connect Rotation value to Y value for connector depending on X position.
but i need to cancel it out when X position is in the middle. how could i try to aproach this?
Head.jpg

Duduf

Re: Rotation value to connector

Post by Duduf » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:57 am

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to do :? ;)
What exactly is your goal?

nepriot

Post by nepriot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hi. I am sorry i am not very good at explaining myself. but i will try again.

i am trying to achieve effect when u look up u tilt your head a little bit up. so when my character is in profile mode and the chin is showing its not enough to move face features position i would like to rotate my head a little bit. but here is my problem.

i need my maximum rotation to happen only when 2D controler is in top left and top right corner. So I need some-kind IF / else statement?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:56 pm

hum yes... I think the only way to do this is to either not use the connector at all and write a small expression by yourself, or connect the rotation to the Y axis and then modify the expression built by the connector to add a condition...

Thinking about it, maybe there's another way, it's worth a try:

- Add a list on the "slave" property (the rotation)
- Connect the Y axis to one of the values of this new list
- Animate the corresponding weight from -100% to 100% and connect this weight to the X axis

This may work well

nepriot

Post by nepriot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,
Thank You for the answer. It worked like a charm!
I used List on rotation.
I Just needed to add limiter to the negative values of Y

Thank YOUU