This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Controller misplacement

EddyLoonstijn

Controller misplacement

Post by EddyLoonstijn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:31 am

Good afternoon,
first of all: Thank you for this free app.

second: when I try an IK-rig on a simpel 3-layer arm (upper-, lower-, hand) everythings works fine, however if I try this on my already developed rig the hand-controller places itself after 'Create controller not on the Anchorpoint of the selected hand but somewhere left-up outside of the compscreen.
Well, I don't mind doing some re-positioning, so the controller is now above the anchor-point of the hand. Oke: select nHand, nLowerarm, nUpperarm, controller; then: 2-layer-rig with Goal and 'IK-Create'; there is a very short rotation of the whole arm and back again to it's original rotation. After that it all works fine, so what's the fuss?
When I try to disable the Goal, the whole arm rotates I think to the same rotation as just after I clicked 'IK-Create' (see above)
So I think there is some problem here, that has to do with the complexity of the underlying rig: that is, there are many different hands parented to a Null called nHand, also many lowerarms to nLowerarm and many upperarms to nUpperarm. nHand is parented to nLowerarm, nLowerarm is parented to nUpperarm. And these Nulls I use for the IK-chain.
So I thought, maybe DUIK doesn't like Nulls as the basis for an IK-chain. So I checked this with an other rig, just consisting of 3 Nulllayers. But this works perfect again.
So, what's the matter? Or, better, what can I do to solve this problem?
Greetings from New Zealand (yes you are very international!)
Eddy

PS. third: If I try a 3-layer IK without Goal I get a strange gap between hand and lowerarm; the rest stay good connected.