This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Duik stopped working

Drifter TV

Duik stopped working

Post by Drifter TV » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi,

i updated DUIK to the 15.1.1 working with AE 2014.2 om a mac and now i can't make a simple IK anymore on a leg.
after the update it worked fine but when i closed and opened the project a pop up came up 'This project contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install the following effect to restore this reference. ("DUIK_Two_Layer_IK")

The Leg worked fine though but when i started a new file and made a leg rig i can't make a simple 2 layer + Goal IK.
I do it as always; Select the foot and create a controler, select the foot, under leg, top leg and controler and click create two layer IK + Goal button
So it stopped working somehow.
IS this a known bug?

Any help is much appreciated.

lechuza

Re: Duik stopped working

Post by lechuza » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Hey Drifter TV,
I have found that bug too. Thought it was me who was doing something wrong. I made a reset on my AE installation and no solution.

So yeah, I think it's a bug in this new version.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi,

I think this is an installation problem, it happens sometimes...

see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24

If you have any problem with the presetEffects.xml file, you can simply download the needed one from github:
https://github.com/Rainbox-dev/Duik/tre ... setEffects

I've made them available back to CS6

We're going to change how Duik is installed in the 16th version to avoid those kind of issues. Sorry for that!

lechuza

Post by lechuza » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey man, you don't need to apologize for that. Duik is excellent!

The manual installation solved the problem, thank you so much!