This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Controller parenting within an imported rig

benobeone

Controller parenting within an imported rig

Post by benobeone » Tue May 16, 2017 10:48 am

Hi wise people

I am having some issues with an imported rig and wanted to ascertain if what I want to do is achievable.
I have a habit of connecting the hand controllers to the main body controller so that when I move the rigs body the hands follow.
This works wonderfully in the original rig but the issues begin once I import it.
if I have a controller which is parented to another in the original (the hand to the hips for example) rig this controller will undoubtedly be broken in the import ( laggy, movement is sort of inverted) so I keep everything correct and un-parented which brings in the comp perfectly but then I cannot parent any of my controllers to another in the imported rig as this courses the rig to explode.

anyone now a way around this issue?

benobeone

Re: Controller parenting within an imported rig

Post by benobeone » Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 pm

FIXED.
The problem stemmed from a lack of Zeros in the original. I parented my hands to the chest and then created zeros for all controllers that didn't have one. then imported--and it worked.
Thank you to the fantastic duik user guide which gave me the idea after reading the breakdown of the Automation involved with the Import Rig process.