This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Rig break when changing Resolution Down Sample

RubyBlue

Rig break when changing Resolution Down Sample

Post by RubyBlue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 am

Hey all!

I just started using Duik for rigging (amazing!), but I've run into a roadblock that I can't seem to find any help on. I'm not sure if it's related to Duik, but it happened while I've started using it.

PROBLEM: When I change "The Resolution/Down Sample Factor Pop Up" to something other than full, my character's left hand that is rigged using Duik goes bonkers and moves locations. -- Setting it back to Full resolution fixes it, but I won't be able to keep it at full resolution at all times.

Here's a link to the pic (wasn't sure how to attach one here): http://www.therubyblues.com/blog/

Duduf

Re: Rig break when changing Resolution Down Sample

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi!

Wierd... Maybe it has something to do with cache, you can try to empty all the cache of AE and see if it's better

What is your AE version and what is your system?

RubyBlue

Post by RubyBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks!

It wasn't DUIK, it was a puppet tool problem. I lowered the triangles from 550 to 300 in the puppet tool while pinning, and it worked! I had actually parented a duplicate hand to the ik chain (hiding the original), so I could use the puppet tool for some extra finger movement. I hadn't realized it, but it was a problem with the triangles in the puppet tool being too high.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 pm

good to know!
thanks for your feedback!