This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Problems migratingprojects from mac to windows

waisacp

Problems migratingprojects from mac to windows

Post by waisacp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello, I'm migrating an AE project from mac to windows (is in After Effects CS6, my client just demand it, sorry :? )The problem is when I try to open the Characters that I rigged on mac, my After just shut down. I know it's duik the problem because only when I have a rigged character the app close.

I have the same duik version in mac and windows.

Thank you I appreciate your help and you are doing a wonderful work with this script.

Duduf

Re: Problems migratingprojects from mac to windows

Post by Duduf » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Well this is very weird:

Duik is just a script and, like all scripts, should not be able to shut down After Effects nor crash it, not even when there is a bug.
I've never heard of a script doing this without at least an error message displayed before.

Anyway, a rigged character is ONLY layers and expressions: there's nothing unusual for After Effects, and it's even possible to open a rigged character when Duik is not installed...

There's two things you can try:

- Open the rig on the PC, and once the project is opened: Close all "custom" panels: scripts (Duik, and any other script you may use) and Extensions (color...). Save the project, open it on the mac to see if it works.
- If it didn't work, uninstall Duik (remove all Duik files from the ScriptUI Panels), restart After Effects, and try to open the project again.