This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

How to remove rig?

gkanomi

How to remove rig?

Post by gkanomi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

How do I remove rig on the already rigged character. I need to go back to the original un-rigged character and make some changes. This character has been rig a while ago.

Thanks

gkanomi

Re: How to remove rig?

Post by gkanomi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I found a hard way to do it in these sequences. The character was rigged using full body Auto-Rig tools.

1. Delete ALL controller layers
2. Delete ALL zero layers
3. Reset ALL expression errors. This can easily be done with the search error tools, although tedious.

And in my case i have to reset Torso rotation to get it back to original pose. Lemme know if there's any better way to go about this.

Thanks

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi,

Using Duik 16, this process will be easier, with the introduction of the new "structures" to rig characters. In the meantime, what you did is the best way to remove a rig.

If you designed the character directly in After Effects, I would suggest two fundamental things:
1- save incremental: use new version numbers very often to be able to easily get to a previous state of your work
2- always keep key steps in your pipeline and save as a new name before beginning the next step (usually: character design - rig - animation...)

gkanomi

Post by gkanomi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi Duduf,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are definitely right. The best workflow is to version up stage by stage. This is my first time using DUIK, and I didn't realize i can't simply 'delete' the rig just like that. I will keep your suggestion in mind next time.

Thanks again. Really appreciate your reply.