This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Parts are misplaced when making IK

Screaminglion

Parts are misplaced when making IK

Post by Screaminglion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Hey Nicolas,
first of all congrats to your great efforts on this tool.

Sadly I can't make use of it. I've installed it properly and try to rig a figure. But every time I try to make an IK (either whole figure or simply setup of an arm e.g.) the body parts are misplaced.
Misplacement.JPG
The parts are clicked in the correct order (first body parts, then controller).

I read in this forum about precomposing AI-Layers but that will only give me expression-errors.
"Error in line 39 in 'rotation' of layer 8 ('R Forearm Komp 1') in composition 'Figur07duik'. Invalid numerical result (Division with zero?)."

I've watched serveral different tutorials on duik and find that all have to do with version 14 or earlier but none will really help with the general use of version 15 - at least in my case.
Either I am missing something very basic or there is a bug.

I'm on Win 10 pro 64bit and tried with AE 2015-3 and 2017, duik 15.52

I'd be happy to donate if I'll ever find this useful - but there seems to be a long way to that point as of now.

Screaminglion

Re: Parts are misplaced when making IK

Post by Screaminglion » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm

I found a workaround myself after reading more forum topics:
Don't use vector graphics!

I wonder why there are a lot of tutorials out there where the use of AI files doesn't cause any problems - maybe there is a special VIP secret to it. I'm no VIP so in my case it would not work whatsoever.
But AI has the really useful function to export AI files to PSD files - all main layers are kept intact, so they can be importet into AE as a composition.

That did the trick for me.

I get the feeling that it also might help if the figure is in T-pose or I-pose when you design it (arms and legs straight down or 90 degrees to the side)
I couldn't find a confirmation for this, but others that showed off on youtube always had their figures like that.

Goog luck to all ye beginners

Maui

Re: Parts are misplaced when making IK

Post by Maui » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 am

Maybe pre-comping the individual parts might also help