This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Crazy distorsion

Gualcio

Crazy distorsion

Post by Gualcio » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi again,

I am sorry to bother with this beginner things but it seems that I have more than one issue to rig properly. Hopefully it's the last time ;-)

So basically, I am trying to rig my character for a side walk cycle. Everything is good but then when I try to move the left leg controller, it responds in a very strange way. You can see in the picture how it distorted my leg, and I just moved up the controller in the Y axis. I tried to move the other controller and beside the two hands, shoulder and pelvis behave in the same way :-(

Thanks

Duduf

Re: Crazy distorsion

Post by Duduf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm

When using layer parenting, and rigging characters, just NEVER use non homothetic scale . Or juste never scale layers at all ;)

Gualcio

Re: Crazy distorsion

Post by Gualcio » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Thanks again Duduf you are a star!!

Not completely sure what that homothetic scale means (you are too acculturate for nomrla human like us ;) ) but yeah what's important is to keep the shape scale to its default numbers. Got it!!.. I'll always keep it locked and at 100% from now on

Thank thanks thanks