This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Controllers breaking when copying into new comp

muggins

Controllers breaking when copying into new comp

Post by muggins » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello,

Using version 15.11 and I'm having a problem where if I rig a character and then duplicate the comp the rig becomes separated from the character (ie dragging the front leg controller makes the controller and linked bones move as they should, but the actual artwork of the leg does not move.) This also occurs if I copy all the layers for a rigged character and paste them into a new comp.

There's no animation or effects on the character, it's simply rigged and I'm trying to duplicate it into different comps for different animations (walk cycle, etc). The rigging in the original comp works fine.

Also, looking at the changelog in version 15.03 there was an import rig function, but I can't seem to find it in this version. If it's still there could someone point me to where I can find it? Maybe that would work if duplicating comps/ c&p doesnt...

Cheers,
M

muggins

Re: Controllers breaking when copying into new comp

Post by muggins » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Well, I've restarted AfterEffects and the problem seems to have gone away.

Would still appreciate more info on that Import Rig function if anyone has any.

Cheers,
M

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi,

You'll find the import rig function in the animation panel!
There are more details about this feature in the user guide (which is available as PDF for free too)

muggins

Post by muggins » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Found it! Cheers.

Further to the bug I was having yesterday, I think the issue was a full memory cache. So if anyone else has that problem, empty that first.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:43 pm

muggins wrote:I think the issue was a full memory cache. So if anyone else has that problem, empty that first.
Yes, with expressions, issues are very often related to memory cache. I do use a script I developped to quickly manage the cache and empty it, I'll have to share this one too ;)