This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

IK makes layers do weird things

jlawheed

IK makes layers do weird things

Post by jlawheed » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 am

So I'm following the very simple hand/arm/arm rig in the tutorial and it used to work but now it is not. I have updated to CC2017 and I have updated to the lastest version of Duik. I first parent everything properly; hand to arm next to it and that arm to the last one. Then I make a controller for the hand. I click on the hand layer, arm1 layer, arm2 layer and finally the controller, then click IK> 2-layer IK & Goal. The result is a weird splaying of my layers and moving the controller does not have the connected ease that the tutorial and all other times I've done it has. No error messages. Java debugger is enabled. On a mac.

jlawheed

Re: IK makes layers do weird things

Post by jlawheed » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:33 pm

I figured it out. I had increased the scale on my layers and that made it go wonky. I had done that before I set everything up, so I don't know why it still went weird, but if I keep it at the original scale, it works like normal.

Duduf

Re: IK makes layers do weird things

Post by Duduf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!
It's good to know things can go wrong with scaled shape layers; I think I've just never tested Duik in this case, but I'll try to fix this in the next update.