This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Controller not rotating the wrist (only the fingers)

petit_croissant

Controller not rotating the wrist (only the fingers)

Post by petit_croissant » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello!

I have a left hand all in layers, and the rig for each finger also. Finger bones are made with the Puppet tool, connected to the palm, palm to the hand.

When I try to rotate the controller, it doesn't rotate the wrist, only the fingers, so it does this weird distortion!
The weird thing is that I checked it right after the rig and it worked, it still works on the right hand but not on the left, I totally don't understand.

Here are the screenshots:

How the connection works (fingers are attached to the palm), controller on the wrist

The weird twist with the rotation. NOTE: position works just fine!

Don't know what to do, I have another rig fully done with puppet tool, and there the fingers follow but get all twisted like spaghetti...

Sorry for the puzzle-headed explanation, it might be that my rigging is just totally wrong or something, Im not so good at it, but it worked before! Maybe its my laptop or something i don't even know.

Duduf

Re: Controller not rotating the wrist (only the fingers)

Post by Duduf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi,

It's difficult to tell what's wrong without access to the project, but if one hand works as it should but not the other, I would suggest to carefully compare the rigs (parents and expressions) of the two arms and find what's different.

I think it may be a problem with parenting and/or expressions, especially the expressions in the rotation of the palm.

petit_croissant

Re: Controller not rotating the wrist (only the fingers)

Post by petit_croissant » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Duduf wrote:Hi,
I think it may be a problem with parenting and/or expressions, especially the expressions in the rotation of the palm.
Hello, thank you for your reply!!

Had to delete the IK and make it again, apparently i haven't included the wrist to the chain, now it works just fine!

But now i've faced another problem- My controller for the point finger somehow lost the connection in the bones.
All the fingers work apart from one, which had worked before :lol: The tip is not moving with the controller. And I can't remake the IK because ill lose the animation i had done before.

Is there a way to fix IK chain without deleting the existing bones and the controller? As in my case, the finger isn't bending with the controller. It just stays as it is!