This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

IK Controler Offsets Hand/end of IK

cutter

IK Controler Offsets Hand/end of IK

Post by cutter » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 pm

I have a rig that is repeatedly producing an error on the Right Arm. And only on the right arm. The process:
1. Create Layers
2. Add Controller at end of IK
3. Create 2-Layer IK & Goal

This has worked on al the other limbs/IK Chains. This is only happening on the Right Side. I checked and rechecked the process numerous times. No matter what I try the "Hand" is offset. Any Ideas? Should I re-install DuIK? See Images. And thanks in advance. DuIK is fun!!!!
Rig IK Set Up_Offset.png
Rig IK Set Up_Offset.png
Looks like the Set Up Image was attached twice. Ignore the duplicate.

cutter

Re: IK Controler Offsets Hand/end of IK

Post by cutter » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:49 pm

POSSIBLE BUG/Duplicate Effect:

On the Right Lower Arm a Duplicate Effect was added to the layer. An FX IK End was created without the expression along with one with the expression. I deleted each expressionless effect and everything lined up. The DuIK window would not close even at 100%. Closed After Effects and everything seems fine now.

Solution: Cross check the Effects Control Panel for each layer

Duduf

Re: IK Controler Offsets Hand/end of IK

Post by Duduf » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi,

this is weird, it may be because you already created an IK using this layer before, andd removed it (or got the layer by duplicating one with an IK), without removing the already existing effect?

Or there may be a bug, but I've never seen it before...