This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Does Duik 15 work on CC 2019?

ktheorin1

Does Duik 15 work on CC 2019?

Post by ktheorin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 am

Does Duik 15 work on CC 2019? The first problem is, the installer can't find After effects and so I have to install manually. This involved pasting the files into the UI folder, and then adding the effectPresets.xml file to the resources area of after effects. Once thats all done, and Duik says it has been installed successfully, I'm able to create bones and controllers, but the IK system just doesn't work. It's exactly what is happening in this forum post: https://forum.rainboxprod.coop/viewtopic.php?t=36

However, I have found no way to fix this. I'm guessing it has something to do with the .xml file I placed in resources, but I don't know what to do. I followed the instructions given. Any thoughts on this? Does it even work in 2019?

Duduf

Re: Does Duik 15 work on CC 2019?

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 am

This was fixed in the latest update of CC2019. Keep your software updated is the best advice I can give. Including Duik, we're not going to support it. It may or may not work in the future, you're warned ;)

ktheorin1

Post by ktheorin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm

My after effects up to date I believe. Its just weird that certain aspects of the plugin work fine, but then IK is completely disabled. All it does, it assign some parents incorrectly.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:23 pm

In the latest version of After Effects, the presetEffects.xml file does already exists, and you would have to edit it instead of just pasting a new one in.

The issue is with this specific file, it contains some effects needed for some tools only, so it makes sense that only some of them may not work.

ktheorin1

Post by ktheorin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:54 pm

So is there a way to fix this? For some reason, I didn't spot a presetseffects.xml file in 2019, I had to paste a new one in entirely. But maybe I missed it. Is there a way to fix this issue you're talking about?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 am

You have to remove your presetEffects file, update CC2019 to the latest patch, and install Duik again.
IT is fixed only in the very latest version/patch (from april) only, Ae 16.1.1