This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Bones creating deforms body parts

dremu44o

Bones creating deforms body parts

Post by dremu44o » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello. Can't solve weird thing and asking someone to help me out.
After making puppet pins I try to make a bone for each one (actually no mater, even when I'm selecting few happens the same) and after I click "bones" button the body part suddenly deforms and I don't know why. I found out that it makes Null object in the center of the screen (there is no any anchor point) and attracts Null to this point. So I have to take each null for bringing it back to the right place. I can't find in the settings anything related to placement in the center of the screen. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance

dremu44o

Re: Bones creating deforms body parts

Post by dremu44o » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:38 am

Attaching printscreens if it might help to figure out what's going on.
Not just the bone I just made sticks to the misterious screen anchor point, even when I delete the bone and moving to another body part, after clicking bones button both (or three: arms and leg as on the last picture) parts sticking to one point.
I need advice )
image%20(4).png
image%20(7).png
image%20(8).png

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

Hi,

First thing to try: rename the puppet pins before creating the bones, it may be name-related, but I'm not sure...

You may have found a bug too, if renaming doesn't fix the problem, can you enable the javascript debugger in the preferences of After Effects, and send a printscreen of the debugger which should be opened when using the bones, and send me the AE project so I can have a look?
Send a PM if you don't want to post the project in public.

Also, we've just uploaded a video course about Duik, you may watch the videos - 2hours are free, explaining the tools in details, and there is one about the bones; if you pay, you'll have access to the whole 5hour-course:
https://en.tuto.com/after-effects/after ... ?cc=vyKT3i

dremu44o

Post by dremu44o » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Hey. Seems the problem was pins names related as you guessed.
But still the DUIK moves body parts a bit after creating bones. And I enabled javascript debugger as you offered but couldn't find any reader to track the script and to make a printscreen. Can you help me with it?

By the way, I forgot to tell you how great this tool is (inspite of the issues above %) and wanted to tell big thanks for such great job.

estherserra

Post by estherserra » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi!
I am having a similar problems.
First problem is that I have one leg and when I create the bones, if I change the name of one bones, the shape gets bent. I can continue if I skip changing the name but this is not the ideal solution.

Second problem is worse. When I put the Puppet pins into a foot and then create bones, one of the bones deforms the foot a lot. This makes it impossible to proceed with the work.

Thaks for looking at this!

E

JonJon

Post by JonJon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:31 pm

I too am having a massive headache with this. Can't seem to find a solution, even after following the vids and checking names.
Applying IK to bones and controller makes the whole shape distort and become unusable, even when testing on a simple rectangle shape.

H.Cavus

Post by H.Cavus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:49 am

Hi,
I ran into same issue today.
Here a gif
duik ik issue.gif

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 am

Hi,

As said in the user guide and on the tutorials you can find on the internet, you must select the layers first and then the controller. On your recording you begin with the controller.

The process to create IK is going to change in Duik 16, it will be more intuitive (I hope)