This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Duik_"imported rig in comp" not working

chichichi

Duik_"imported rig in comp" not working

Post by chichichi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi,

I have a really annoying problem with “import rig in comp” in DUIK 15.11 in after effect cc 2015

In my video the character is the same along 20 scene.
That’s why I needed to do one rig at the beginning and then import the rig in all the comp.

As you said in the manual I selected the comp, clicked the import rig in comp button and then duik created another rigged character.

It all seems to be fine. The guide layers are ok and the espressions too.

But when I try to animate a layer, let’s say the hand controller, and I set 2 keyframes on position value it doesn’t work anymore.
That is: the controller of the hand actually moves.
But the arm and the hand doesn’t follow: they stay stiff like there was no keyframe.

And this makes everything useless.
I’ve been struggling with this problem for the last 3 days…I’m really really really having an hard time.

Can please you help me fix this issue???

Thank you so much

ps: I already have emptied the cache and restarted AE lots of time.

Duduf

Re: Duik_"imported rig in comp" not working

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:45 am

Hi,

Can you send me the project file and sources so I can have a look at this?

Thanks

chichichi

Post by chichichi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Sure!
Can you send me a private link? I cannot upload the source AE project on the internet otherwise I could have issue with the client.

ninabergstrom

Post by ninabergstrom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 am

Hi
I use Duik´s import rig, to import my headrig to my bodyrig.
It takes 6 hours to import that rig.. :?
It is rather compex with many precomps and expressions, is it why?
Anyone have a solution?
Very thankful for help :)

jzawislak

Post by jzawislak » Mon May 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Has this problem been solved? I'm having the same issue. After duplicating a rig, though the controllers work, they seem to break as soon as I keyframe them.

Please help!

jzawislak

Post by jzawislak » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 pm

I figured out this problem, after lots of trial and error. It has to do with the placement of the comp in the timeline. When my rig comp was in the middle of the timeline, this seemed to offset and disjoint the controllers keyframes, which made it appear to not work at all.

I just slid the start of my rig comp to line up with the BEGINNING of the timeline, and it worked out.

Gupta

Post by Gupta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:11 pm

ninabergstrom wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 am Hi
I use Duik´s import rig, to import my headrig to my bodyrig.
It takes 6 hours to import that rig.. :?
It is rather compex with many precomps and expressions, is it why?
Anyone have a solution?
Very thankful for help :)
6 hours? why so long?

Clovie

Post by Clovie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:36 am

I'm having this exact same problem!
After I import my rig into another comp, at first the controllers work. But after I set the first keyframes, the controllers no long move the layers for later keyframes.

The solution that jzawislak mentionned above doesn't help since my rig comp is already at the beginning of the timeline.

---
I don't know if this is related, but when I first imported the rig, a bunch of expressions errors appeared about how the layer names in the expressions of the layers being controlled didn't match the actually layer names (in the rig comp):
(e.g. Error at line 2 in property 'Position' of layer 8 ('LeftForearm') in comp 'x_Character'. layer named 'LeftArm' is missing or does not exist. It may
have been renamed, moved or deleted...etc.)

I noticed that each of the layers that are precomps got their names changed (they had the unique instance name appended to the beginning, so for example, 'x_LeftArm' instead of 'LeftArm'), so I went into the expressions and manually appended the instance names to each of the layer names that caused expression errors. The expression errors disappeared after that, but I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue with the controllers not working?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:18 am

Clovie wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:36 amI noticed that each of the layers that are precomps got their names changed (they had the unique instance name appended to the beginning, so for example, 'x_LeftArm' instead of 'LeftArm'), so I went into the expressions and manually appended the instance names to each of the layer names that caused expression errors. The expression errors disappeared after that, but I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue with the controllers not working?
Yes, names are changed just in case you import the rig several times in other comps, each instance has to have a different name. The expressions should be correctly updated... What you're doing should fix the issue.

Anyway, this imoprter tool has to be completely rewritten to be faster and more robust, which will be done in Duik16! I'm sorry we won't fix this in 15 and you'll have to wait a little bit, as all our efforts are to release 16 ASAP ;)

Clovie

Post by Clovie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:23 am

I'm still experiencing this issue though, even after I fix all the expressions errors, which is weird.
Maybe I'll just try getting rid of the precomps?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to DUIK 16! Thanks so much for all your work!