This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Auto Hand Rotation and Auto Parent Layers

Here you'll find posts from people who did not read the documentation or the FAQ. If your post has been moved in there, you know what you have to do ;)
ahtysham

Auto Hand Rotation and Auto Parent Layers

Post by ahtysham » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi,
I am new here and I am totally sorry for not searching enough for this topic and posting a topic about it straight away.

I need to know about 2 things:

1. I want my hand layer to rotate automatically as I rotate the arm layers (just like old Duik), is it possible now? Please guide me like I am five.

2. Also please tell me how can I parent layers automatically when I am using Auto Rig, should I name layers accordingly or what?

Thanks a lot. I hope I was able to explain my questions.

ahtysham

Re: Auto Hand Rotation and Auto Parent Layers

Post by ahtysham » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:57 am

Thanks for the info, it works flawlessly but if we read help paragraph here

Anyway, if you need to disable it but keep the IK active, you just have to add a Null object onto the end of the structure and link it to the forearm. Then, link the hand to this null object. To control the rotation with the controller, you can also add a small expression in the null’s rotation:
value + pickWhipToTheControllerRotation

It is written to add this expression to the Null object, but I added this directly to the hand layer and it still works. Can I use it this way or I must do it your way?