This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Resize comp?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
badmaryband

Resize comp?

Post by badmaryband » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

I have started a comp of a character walking up stairs using a rig. Made the original comp size too small, so his head is now getting cut off at the top. I tried resizing, but everything got totally bent out of shape. So I resized with the center being the top left corner... now the character stays in the right shape, but as I resized in the top right corner, I still don't have the headroom.

Is there another way of doing this?

Duduf

Re: Resize comp?

Post by Duduf » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Can't you just move the character back to the center of the comp after having resized using the top left corner?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am

You can also animate outside of the comp using the "extract controllers" tool, and checking the Continuously rasterize/collapse transformations option on the precomp, so you'll get what's outside of the precomp and you won't have to resize it

badmaryband

Post by badmaryband » Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm

When I move the character after resizing, the character gets really warped because I've already set keyframes for the walk already... make sense?

Thanks for the continuously rasterize option!! I didn't know this.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat May 18, 2019 1:46 pm

A way to move already animated characters is to parent all unparented controllers to a null object then move the null... usually it works ;)

Gabo

Post by Gabo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi! I found a really easy fix for this problem.

step 1: open composition settings (ctrl+k), select the top left corner as anchor in the advanced tab and resize the comp to your needs

step 2: create a new adjustment layer and place on top of everything

step 3: add the "transform" effect to the adjustment layer. There you can change position, scale, etc and your rig stays intact.

Hope this helps someone. Cheers!!