This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Extract Controllers not working

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
AutokeyOn

Extract Controllers not working

Post by AutokeyOn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 pm

So I have two characters set up and rigged in precomps, however once I drag them into the main comp I wish to use to animate them, when I select extract controllers, nothing happens...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Josh

Duduf

Re: Extract Controllers not working

Post by Duduf » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Have you correctly selected the precomp before launching the tool?

If so, it may be a bug: Can you switch Duik to "dev & debug" mode (settings panel), and enable the javascript debugging in the After Effects preferences, then try again and post a screenshot of all errors and windows shown?

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi, first of thanks for the great tool and your effort for the community!
But i have an extract controller problem, too. Maybe the same

When i try to extract a hominid-rig the debugger flags line 4082:

Code: Select all

try { prop.expression = prop.expression; return true; } catch (e) { return false; }
After closing the debugger the expression fails with:

Code: Select all

This project contains expression errors: error 1 of 2 
Expression disabled. Error at line 1 in property 'Goal world position' of layer 3 ('C I Foot 2') in comp 'Comp - EX 2'. 
layer named FootRoll I Foot' is missing or does not exist. It may have been renamed, moved, or deleted, or the name may have been mistyped. layer named FootRoll I Foot' is missing or does not exist...
The Duik panel freezes after that. When i close an reopen it says "error in Line 7805".

This even happens with a freshly generated, completly untouched and empty Rig.
Version is 16.02.12
CC2018

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Quick update: i had the chance of trying to reproduce the problem on an up-to-date AE. Everything worked there. So it seems to be just a legacy-version problem? Unfortunately my employer (public service) has special deals, that dont always provide normal updates.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 am

This is fixed in the next version of Duik, but you can already work with the current one: just deactivate the "Javascript debugging" option in the preferences of After Effects and the error should be ignored.
You'll still have the two expression errors, but it's not an issue, these expressions should just not be there, you can safely remove them.