This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Expanding rigs that use "connect to opacities"

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
calluna

Expanding rigs that use "connect to opacities"

Post by calluna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 am

Hi! I've been working on learning the new(ish) tools and I'm really excited about them. The projects I work on often contain a lot of replacement rigging and using the Connector with Connect to opacities will potentially be a huge workflow improvement. One issue I'm struggling with though is that we ALWAYS end up adding mouth phonemes and hand shapes to our character rigs as a project moves along through different animators. Is there a way to easily add poses to a character rigged this way? My current workaround is to add extra duplicated key frames into the comp before rigging and then to switch those out for the new hands or mouths as they are created, but this is messy and could be a problem if we needed more shapes than I had allowed space for.

Duduf

Re: Expanding rigs that use "connect to opacities"

Post by Duduf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

This is a good suggestion and I'll think about it.

That said, you could just re-make the connection when you add new shapes, you don't even have to remove the previous connection which will be automatically replaced.