This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

edit paths after rigging?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
jcalcina

edit paths after rigging?

Post by jcalcina » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 pm

I just rigged my first arm. I'd like to confirm it Is no longer possible to continue to edit the path nodes or fill color, in the AE image layers? I made my images/vectors using the AE pen tool, as opposed to importing a shapefile, etc.

Thanks

Duduf

Re: edit paths after rigging?

Post by Duduf » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Depends on how you rigged the layers, but:
- Changing colors is not an issue, do as you please
- Changing shapes is trickier if you have rigged the Bézier paths (using Duik bones), otherwise, feel free to adjust as you wish too

jcalcina

Post by jcalcina » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 am

Thanks a lot!

gregowich

Post by gregowich » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi, I'm having the same problem, and I would like to change the path shape or the head (to add a head turn slider) without having to re-rig again. Is there a way to just disable or delete just one part of the rig (i.e. the head rig) without deleting the whole rig?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu May 14, 2020 8:15 am

Depends on how the head is rigged.

If it's just parented to the structures, you don't need to change anything to adjust it,
If there's a puppet effect, you may need to expand it if you change the volume of the head..
But anyway, I don't see any case where you'd need to delete the rig to edit the head or any other limb, if you've rigged with structures...