This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Pressing "Auto-Rig & IK" gives error message: "Null is not an object"

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Defineyourgoal

Pressing "Auto-Rig & IK" gives error message: "Null is not an object"

Post by Defineyourgoal » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi,

The attached image "Pic 1" shows the error message I get when pressing the auto-rig button. The comp-window "Magic is happening" stays visible and I need to press cmd+z to make it disappear. The ae-file before I have pressed the button is also attached so you hopefully can recreate the problem on your side.

It's similar to this post: https://forum.rainboxlab.org/viewtopic.php?t=582

I have:
- Activated javascript debugging in the preferences of After Effects
- Activated the "dev and debug" mode in the settings of Duik, and then restart Duik

After I cleared my cache, the attached "Pic 2" shows the error message I directly get when I press the "Select Structures" button.

All the best
/Pär

Defineyourgoal

Re: Pressing "Auto-Rig & IK" gives error message: "Null is not an object"

Post by Defineyourgoal » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:46 am

Ok. I did some more testing with another rig and same thing happened yet behold - I have found a workaround. Under Rigging>Create Controllers>Edit I choosed "Use shape layers" instead of the previous setting "use nulls". Now when I press "Auto-rig & IK" - it creates the wanted controllers and it seems to work.

Is it a must to always use shape layers for a auto-rig or is it a bug?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback, this is a bug it should work with null layers. I'll have a look at that ASAP

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 pm

It's fixed and will be available in 16.2.7 later today.

abhi

Post by abhi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am

Whenever I open duik in after effects it's showing some error like Unable to execute script at line 3624. Expected ]- null is not an object.
Below I have attached the screenshot for that and after closing and open again it's coming but when I click on rigging inside that Links and constraints are not displaying and after 2 to 3 clicks total duik plugin is getting struck. I am not understanding why this is getting the error I am starter to this plugin

abhi

Post by abhi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

Can anyone help me with this plz

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:27 am

Please, do not report bugs or problems unless you've made sure you're using the latest version.

abhi

Post by abhi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:55 am

Actually I am trying with all the versions to resolve the problem below image I am attaching for understanding. This error is coming in the new version also when I am directly importing Duik Bassel 2 from windows to composition.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks for your feedback.

There's a small bug indeed, which is fixed in the next version 16.2.9 available soon.

In the meantime, just don't put Duik's panel in front of the comp panel. Move it somewhere else, then close and open it again, it will work correctly.

abhi

Post by abhi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Thanks for understanding
Actually I have done lot of research to make sure it works for 3 days and I found a temporary solution like which panel we need that one we need to take and work then close and open the required panel.