This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Rig glitch when precomping

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
moma33

Rig glitch when precomping

Post by moma33 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:39 pm

I am experiencing a glitch with my rig where everything looks ok in the rig comp, but when I put the rig in a different comp there is a glitch.

I have tried purging the caches and the rig appears correctly for a split second but as soon as I try to start playback / rendering, the glitch is back.

I have not extracted the controllers for this rig, so that can't be the issue.

See screenshots here, same frame in precomp and master comp (position of the hand is offset in the master comp).

Is this a known issue? I can't track down the cause of it.
Last edited by moma33 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duduf

Re: Rig glitch when precomping

Post by Duduf » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:28 am

That's strange.

Here's what you can try:

- If you've check continuous rasterization/collapse transformation on the precomp, uncheck it
- Make sure you don't have multiple comps with the same name in the project panel

Otherwise it may be some strange bug in Ae, what is your exact version (as shown in the about dialog)?
Try to update if it's not the latest one, and if you still have the issue, just send me your project file I'll have a look!

moma33

Post by moma33 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi Duduf,

Thank you for your answer.

I am not using any continuous rasterization/collapse transformation and I don't have multiple comps with the same name in the project panel.

I am on AfterEffects 220 17.1.1 (Build 34) (macOS Catalina). And I used DUIK 16.2.15 to rig.

Could I send you a link to the project file in a private message?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Yes of course, I'll have a look ASAP!

moma33

Post by moma33 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Thank you Duduf.

I figured out that the cause of this was master properties, not related to DUIK. Seems like master properties are still buggy under certain circumstances in AE2020.

It helped to delete all master properties, delete the pre-comped layer, drag the master properties into the essential graphics panel again and place the pre-comp into the main comp again.

In my case I used master properties for opacity.