This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Add bones not working (16.0.8)

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Labelkills

Add bones not working (16.0.8)

Post by Labelkills » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:02 pm

If I use the puppet tool and add pins to a .png layer then select those pins (on the animation panel) and click 'Add bones' in Duik, the preview switches to the 'MAGIC IS HAPPENING' and just sticks there... forever. I have to command + z then close the Duik panel twice (it's frozen and reports an error the second time opening it) to get back to a workable space. The error for the Duik panel after I try to re-open it is "Unable to execute script at line 7696. Expected: ) - undefined is not an object".

This happens if I just import any png or create a shape layer, add puppet pins, select those pins under timeline, then click 'Add bones'. Any help how to move forward? I'm using AE CC 2017 on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Duduf

Re: Add bones not working (16.0.8)

Post by Duduf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:56 pm

I've just had another report about this issue, I'm looking into it and it should be fixed soon!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm

I can't reproduce the issue here,
Can you:

- Activate javascript debugging in the preferences of After Effects
- Activate the "dev and debug" mode in the settings of Duik, and then restart Duik

Then, when using the "add bones" tool, an error messsage should be shown, or Ae may even launch the debugger, highlighting a specific line in the script. If it does, can you post a screenshot of the whole window/error ? Thanks!

Labelkills

Post by Labelkills » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Turned both of these on, but didn't get any message until I restart Duik (cause it freezes). Still just hangs on "MAGIC IS HAPPENING" until I restart Duik and get the same error message as previously written. Happens both on my Macbook and PC.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:54 pm

I think I've found what's causing the issue. The tomorrow update should fix this, but let me know if you still have issues after!

Labelkills

Post by Labelkills » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:48 pm

IT WORKED!!! thank you, thank you! incoming donation